Both are models used to improve business performance and agility. In other words models for strategic change.
- Business Process Transformation
- Organizations are looking to simplify processes and establish best practices.
- A solid foundation can be created this way which will impact the core operation of the company and enable it to focus its key business drivers.
- Got this from rdi.co.uk – “Business process transformation is the fundamental rethinking and radical redesign of business processes to achieve dramatic improvements in critical, contemporary measures of performance, such as cost, quality, service, and speed”
- Is a top-down approach. It is about looking at entire processes than specific activities
- Total Quality Management, Lean, Six Sigma etc. – Organizations are seeking continuous improvements in Quality also following these methodologies
- TQM refers to the culture, attitude and structure of a company that seeks to provide customers with products/services that satisfy customers needs.